Day 1: TGU Presses
The beginning of this workout focuses on the Turkish Getup, and infuses presses into the progression at 3 different points. This is designed for a heavier bell if possible.
- You will complete 1 Turkish Getup on each side while pressing at 3 points:
- 1 KB Chest Press 3-8 reps from your back at the starting position.
- 1 KB Overhead Press 2-6 reps from the kneeling position.
- 1 KB Overhead Press 1-4 reps from the standing position.
Work your way back down through the progression and then repeat on the opposite side
*The range of rep choices are estimated for varying bell sizes. Ideally, grab a heavy bell and go (3-2-1). Complete 4 sets before moving on.
- 2 Hand Swing and Front Squat combo. Depending on bell size, complete 10-20 swings and then transfer the bell right into a front squat position and do 5-10 squats. Complete 4 sets.
- Low Windmill and 1 KB Bent Row combo. Depending on bell size, complete 3-5 windmills on one side and then complete 5-10 rows on the same side. Repeat on the opposite side. Complete 4 sets.
Day 2: From Dead
This workout focuses on various deadlifts and supersets using the dead clean. Complete 3 sets of each.
- Suitcase Deadlift 10 w/ 2 KB Hinge Deadlift 10 (If you only have one bell, turn the suitcase deadlift into a 1 KB Sumo Squat w/ a single bell hinge deadlift and increase the reps.
- 1 KB Dead Clean 10 w/ 1 KB High Pull 10. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Straight Leg Deadlift 10 w/ 2 KB Reverse Lunge 5 ea from the Farmer Hold position. (If you only have one bell, turn the straight leg deadlift into a 1 Leg Deadlift 5 on each side w/ Front Lunge 5 ea
- 1 KB Dead Clean 10 w/ 1 Hand Swing 15. Repeat on the opposite side.
Day 3: Anyhow Combos
Today features the Anyhow Squat, and combos it with other exercises to make for some intense sets. Complete 3 sets before moving on.
- Anyhow Squat 2-3 ea, then Overhead Hold for 30 seconds to 2 KB High Pull 10 to 2 KB Rack Squat 10. (If you only have one bell, change the anyhow squat to a 1 KB Overhead Squat and complete all of the following exercises on the same side before repeating on the opposite side.)
- Anyhow Squat 2-3 ea, then Rack Hold for 30 seconds to 2 KB Swing 10 to Seesaw Bent Row 10 ea
- Anyhow Squat 2-3 ea then Farmer Hold for 60 seconds to 2 KB Rack Reverse Lunge 5 ea to 2 KB Chest Press 10
Day 4: Core complex
Each set starts with a core exercise and acts as a complex with a secondary exercise. Complete 3 sets before moving on.
- KB Front Drag 3 (start the bell in the “forward” position, reaching in front of you)
w/ 1 KB Snatch 1. This counts as “1 rep.” Complete 10 of these reps and then switch to the opposite hand to finish 1 set. So 3 drags and 1 snatch is 1 rep.
- KB Side Drag 3 (start the bell in the “center” position, under your chest)
w/ 1 KB Rack Thruster 2. Complete 10 of these reps and then switch to the opposite hand to finish 1 set.
- Windmill 1 w/ Rack Side Lunge 2. Complete 10 of these reps and then switch to the opposite hand to finish 1 set.
Day 5: Unbalanced Static Holds
This workout is built for 2 bells. If you only have one bell you can either just focus on one of the holds, or find another random item of similar weight to hold in the opposite hand. (Get creative I guess??) After each static hold, another exercise will be performed to finish the set. Complete 3 sets of each.
- Rack Hold and Overhead Hold 30-45 seconds depending on the weight of the bell and your fatigue level. One hand is in the rack position and one is holding overhead. Switch sides as soon as the time is up and repeat the opposite hold on each hand. Once you’ve completed the holds on both sides, finish the set with 2 KB Sumo Squat 20.
- Rack Hold and Farmer Hold 1-2 minutes and repeat on the opposite side. Finish with Suitcase Deadlift 10-15
- Challenging!!! Overhead Hold and Bottoms Up Hold 30 sec. Finish with Low Side Lunge 10 ea holding both bells.
Day 6 and 7: Active Rest
These days can be implemented any time during the week. If your body is telling you to rest, listen to it! But remember the motto of No Days Off Fitness: Move Every Day. If you can, find another activity you enjoy doing and supplement that in on these days. Hiking, Yoga, biking; the list goes on!