Day 1: 2 Minute Combos
The format will stay constant throughout the workout. You will work for 2 minutes, rest for 30-60 seconds and repeat the combo set for 4 total sets. At that point rest as needed, and move to the next round. There are 4 total combo rounds.
Round 1: 1 KB High Pull to 1 KB Rack Front Lunge. Work for 1 minute on each side. Rest, and repeat for 4 sets.
Round 2: Side Lunge to Clean to 1 Hand Swing. Work for 1 minute on each side.
Round 3: 1 KB Bent Row to KB Front Drag. Work for 1 minute on each side. Your feet will constantly need to readjust between the proper position for a row and a drag. Consider this movement part of the workout.
Round 4: Windmill to 1 KB Clean & Press. Work for 1 minute on each side. The press will naturally lead into the windmill,
Day 2: 1-10-1
This up and down ladder workout will have you stopping at the “top,” Completing core work and then working back down. You will complete the following exercises, laddering for 1-10, complete your core work, and then work back down to 1.
Ladder Exercises: Renegade Row ea (Single bell user 1 KB Bent Row ea) w/ Front Squat w/ Jump Press 1-10
At the top of the ladder, complete 1 KB Pullover 30, KB Toe Touch 30, and Goodmorning 30
After your core, repeat the ladder exercises, working back 10-1.
Day 3: Heavy Day
Complete a 10-8-6-4 pyramid set for the first exercise of each round, and then superset it with a secondary exercise that stays at 10 reps. Ideally, bell weight should increase each set as reps decrease. As always, increase the rep count if you don’t have access to heavy bells.
- 1 KB Chest Press ea 10-8-6-4 w/ 2 KB Bent Row 10 (This will account for 4 sets. 10 presses with 10 rows, then 8 presses with 10 rows and so on.)
- 1 KB Snatch ea 10-8-6-4 w/ Balance Pushup 10 or regular pushups.
- Suitcase Deadlift OR 1 KB Sumo Squat 10-8-6-4 w/ 2 Hand Swing 10
- 2 KB Clean & Press or single bell ea 10-8-6-4 w/ Front Raise 10
Day 4: Triple Sets
Each set is made of 3 exercises; a push, a pull, and a leg exercise. Reps are always at 10. You’ll complete 3 sets before moving to the next round.
- 2 KB Overhead Press 10 w/ 2 KB High Pull 10 w/ Hand to Hand Sumo Squat 10 ea
- Bridge Chest Press 10 ( Can be done with a single bell) w/ Upright Row 10 w/ KB Jump Squat 10
- Jump Press 10 w/ Hand to Hand Row 10 ea w/ Straight Leg Deadlift 10
- Core: 1 KB Russian Twist 10 ea w/ KB Side Drag 10 ea w/ Low Windmill 5 ea
Day 5: Lunge Combos
Each set starts with a lunge and combos it with a second exercise. Sets will finish with a plank hold. Complete 3 sets before moving on
- 1 KB Rack Front Lunge to 1 Hand Swing 10 reps each side. Finish with a 30-60 sec Prone Plank and repeat for 3 sets.
- 1 KB Rack Reverse Lunge to 1 KB Clean 10 reps each side. Finish with a 30-60 sec High Plank and repeat for 3 sets.
- Rack Side Lunge to 1 KB Overhead Press 10 reps each side. Finish with a 30 sec Side Plank on each side and repeat for 3 sets.
Day 6 and 7: Active Rest
These days can be implemented any time during the week. If your body is telling you to rest, listen to it! But remember the motto of No Days Off Fitness: Move Every Day. If you can, find another activity you enjoy doing and supplement that in on these days. Hiking, Yoga, biking; the list goes on!