Day 1: Swing and Complex
This workout will begin with a quick, 3 minute endurance swing, followed by a complex, and finishing with another endurance swing. The complex will be repeated for 4 total rounds.
- 2 Hand Swing 15 reps every 30 seconds for 6 rounds (3 minutes). This will have very little rest. Be explosive with the hips, and avoid using your back.
- Complex each of the following exercises on one side at a time. Complete 4 total rounds.
1 KB Clean 6 to 1 KB Overhead Press 6 to 1 KB Rack Squat 6 to 1 KB Snatch 6 to 1 Leg Deadlift 5. Repeat on the opposite side, and then rest as needed before repeating.
- Repeat the same swing set as you started with.
Day 2: Bodyweight Ladders
Each round will incorporate a bodyweight exercise that will ladder down from 10-5, matched with a kettlebell exercise that will remain constant. The goal is to complete each round with minimal rest.
- Pushup 10-5 ladder w/ Front Squat 6
- Burpees 10-5 ladder w/ 2 KB Bent Row 10 or Hand to Hand Row 10 ea
- Squat Jumps 10-5 ladder w/ Figure 8 to Hold 5 ea
- Plank Pullback 10-5 ladder w/ 1 KB Pullover 10
Day 3: Carry and Core
Ideally, if you have space to work with, you will carry the bells a distance that suits you best. If you only have 1 bell, complete the carry on each hand. If you do not have space, complete a static hold for anywhere between 30 seconds and a minute depending on difficulty. After the carry, you’ll transition directly to the core set. Rest as needed and repeat each round 3-4 times.
Round 1: Overhead Hold Carry to 1 KB Russian Twist 20 ea to Prone Plank 30-60 seconds
Round 2: Rack Hold Carry to KB Toe Touch 20 to Bridge Hold 30-60 seconds
Round 3: Farmer Hold Carry to KB Hand to Hand Drag 10 ea to Side Plank 30 seconds ea
Day 4: Heavy Day
Complete each set 4 times before moving on.
- 2 KB Chest Press 5-6 w/ Bridge Fly 10
- 2 KB Sumo Squat 10 w/ Windmill 5 ea
- 1 KB Bent Row 5-10 ea w/ Seated Front Raise 10
- SOTS Press 3-5 ea w/ Goodmorning 10
Day 5: TGU Presses
The beginning of this workout focuses on the Turkish Getup, and infuses presses into the progression at 3 different points. This is designed for a heavier bell if possible.
- You will complete 1 Turkish Getup on each side while pressing at 3 points:
- 1 KB Chest Press 3-5 reps from your back at the starting position.
- 1 KB Overhead Press 2-4 reps from the kneeling position.
- 1 KB Overhead Press 1-3 reps from the standing position.
Work your way back down through the progression and then repeat on the opposite side
*The range of rep choices are estimated for varying bell sizes. Ideally, grab a heavy bell and go (3-2-1). Complete 4 sets before moving on.
- 2 Hand Swing and Front Squat combo. Depending on bell size, complete 10-20 swings and then transfer the bell right into a front squat position and do 5-10 squats. Complete 4 sets.
- Low Windmill and 1 KB Bent Row combo. Depending on bell size, complete 3-5 windmills on one side and then complete 5-10 rows on the same side. Repeat on the opposite side. Complete 4 sets.
Day 6 and 7: Active Rest
These days can be implemented any time during the week. If your body is telling you to rest, listen to it! But remember the motto of No Days Off Fitness: Move Every Day. If you can, find another activity you enjoy doing and supplement that in on these days. Hiking, Yoga, biking; the list goes on!